Windows Live OneCare Circle error RRS feed

• Question

• Alright, so I reformatted my laptop recently and when I tried to reinstall windows live onecare, it said that I already had it installed on another computer and so therefore I had to add this one to my onecare circle. I only ever installed it on my current laptop so, I was wondering if anyone out there knows to to get rid of the whole circle thing and just get onecare back to normal...

anyways advice would be greatly appreciated

Jamie
    Friday, November 23, 2007 8:10 PM

Answers

• Reinstalling and activating would not require you to add to a circle. However, since you have a subscription, it offers to allow you to add the PC to a circle. Since you only have the one PC, ignore the circle option.

-steve

Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:41 AM

All replies

• Reinstalling and activating would not require you to add to a circle. However, since you have a subscription, it offers to allow you to add the PC to a circle. Since you only have the one PC, ignore the circle option.

-steve

Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:41 AM
  • Yeah, it didn't give me the option though. like...I even tried uninstalling onecare and reinstalling it and it still added this computer as a secondary one in the circle...What I want to know is, how do I disable the circle all together
    Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:10 PM
  • The circle functionality cannot be disabled. However, upon reinstall, once you activate with the LiveID, it should not matter that it is part of the "circle" of one computer. If, after activation, you open OneCare and promote the PC to a hub for your circle, and you then see the original installation with a different computer name, simply select to remove that PC from the circle. If that doesn't work, please contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, November 26, 2007 4:18 PM
  • I tried to make my PC a hub and have got another notebook with onecare activated under the same account but cant see it in my circle. There is no indication that my PC is even a hub after specifying it to be so. Any suggestions?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:39 PM
  •  

I wish I could post pictures without having to host them elsewhere....

When you open OneCare, on the left side at the top should be your PC. Below that is "Your OneCare Circle."

When you click on "Your OneCare Circle" the next panel should show your PC at the top and any other PCs running OneCare 2.0 and activated with the same LiveID.

Each PC has a little circle with down arrows on the right side of the list and the word Details. Click n Details.

If your PC is a Hub, It should have a link "Stop using this PC as a hub PC."

What versions are both copies of OneCare?

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:12 PM