PC to PC connection problems RRS feed

• Question

• On my Lap top ONE CARE displays an error message "There are connection problems between this PC and other PCs in your one care circle.......to troubleshoot click 'help'." . The laptop is running Vista and the other computer is running XP.

I have tried reinstalling ONE CARE but this does not fix the problem.

Monday, July 14, 2008 2:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are all Circle PCs on the same LAN? Are all PCs able to communicate otherwise okay? When you reinstalled, did you reinstall only on the PC that is reporting the error?

If the problem persists, I recommend contacting support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, July 14, 2008 11:37 PM
  • I am having the same issue.  The hub-Vista and second computer-XP are on the same LAN.  I have not tried re-installing one-care at this point.  The two computers did not have connection problems in the past.  The second computer can no longer perform a back-up as it is performed to an external drive connected to the HUB computer.  I am pretty sure the only thing that I have changed that may have caused this issue was via the windows update XP series pack 3.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 12:58 AM
  • Same issue here.  I don't think it was caused by OneCare though.... I was actually hoping OneCare would fix the problem.  Since buying a new Dell XPS with Vista, I cannot share printers or pictures/files to my XP laptop.  Same wifi network, same workgroup name.   I do see both computers in the OneCare circle, but when I click on the refresh printers function (on the Vista machine) it displays only the laptop in the list of PCs and Status says "Encountered a problem synchronizing).
    Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:40 PM
  • I think that the best bet for both of you adding to this thread is to contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Monday, July 28, 2008 5:12 PM