Writing from Azure Service Bus to Dynamics 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to Azure & Azure Service Bus. I'm trying to work out how to write to and from Dynamics 365 to another on premise system, by sending messages to and from an Azure Service Bus queue (I think I'll need 2 separate queues for this). I've worked out how to write an azure aware plugin, and I'm going to have a listener application at the on premise side, and will have another application that writes from the on premise system to the queue. However, the last piece I'm unsure of is writing from the azure service bus queue back to CRM. Messages will be sent from the on premise system to the queue, and when these messages arrive in the queue, I want to then create/update a record in CRM. I'm currently looking at function apps as a way to do this, but is this the right way? Is there a  way to check if the record being passed in the message is an existing or new record in CRM? How are the writes to CRM triggered - will a queue function app trigger automatically whenever a new message arrives?

I've read up a lot of the MSDN pages, but I'd like it someone could let me know if I'm on the right track, and add anything to the above.

Thanks.

• Edited by MOTO1978 Monday, July 10, 2017 10:01 AM
    Monday, July 10, 2017 9:42 AM

All replies

• You can use service endpoints to send data from CRM to Azure Service Bus topic or queue.

You can use Azure Logic App to perform any crud operation in CRM. Azure function can also be used if something is complex enough and cannot be done by Logic App. Logic App facilitate you to query CRM data.

Friday, July 14, 2017 10:20 AM