OneCare: Automatic Updates detected turned off when its on RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I reboot my Windows Vista Ultimate x64 system that has OneCare 2.0.2500.30 it detects that automatic updates is turned off. However, if I check the status in the control panel its on. I click the button in OneCare to correct but its annoying to have to do this everyday. I think there might be a bug here.

_Curtis

2nd thing and this is way off topic. I also can't use IE7 on the MS forums for some reason. When I click the new post button it logs me out. I have to use FireFox just to make this post.
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 12:40 PM

Answers

• I moved your post to General and out of Off Topic.

Unfortunately, there have been a few reports of this happening with the AU setting. I've only had it happen rarely, but there have been some people reporting that it happens on every reboot. I suggest contacting support on this issue - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

For the forums issue, this is an annoying forum software issue that can be resolved by logging out of the forum, deleting all cookies and temporary Internet files and then logging back into the forums.

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:23 PM