none
In win 10 Way to log/view BLE stack goings on? RRS feed

• Question

• In a previous post I was explaining problems I was having in a Win 10 device (Dell laptop) acting as a BLE central accepting
    requested changes in connection parameters (stuff like MinConnectionInvertal, MaxConnectionInterval, SlaveLatency).
    Is then a way in Win 10 to turn on logging of its BLE Stack? if so how, and how does on view it.
    Note: I am currently running Win 10 Spring (2017) Creators Udpate (version 1703).
    • Moved by Hart Wang Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:32 AM
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my search, the windows 10 may not have a tool to view the BLE stack.

Both Apple and Google make changes to their stacks, and when you add the difference in phone BLE chipsets, you can get some surprising results. Different phones with the same OS can sometimes behave very differently (especially the case with Android).

BlueZ is the open source Bluetooth Stack usually used with Linux and it also has sniffing capabilities, but they’re more complicated to use. With the right adapter, it’s possible to sniff packets and do a lot of things.

You know that MSDN forum is free. So many people wants to find a solution for their own problems.
    If your issue has been resolved, I wish you can mark useful posts as answer that can be helpful for other person with same issue.

I will move the case to off-topic forum. 

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Hart Wang Monday, November 13, 2017 5:28 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Try to ask in the WDK forum.

-- pa

Friday, November 10, 2017 7:32 PM