Script or reg file to auto logon RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have on my enviroment an AD server for my machines, and some of these users need to autologon directly because they are cashiers, so, I now that I can change some values on RegEdit to do so, and I am trying to create a script or reg file to change those automaticly so I won't need to input the data manually on the future and so my co-workers can do the same thing without asking me, so far I have the following line :

reg add Regedt32.exe "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /t REG_SZ /d 1

but it won't work, I think it is because I need an administrative login to make this modifications, is there any way to prompt a user and password box when I try to run the script or a reg file ? or if someone have a better sintax for me to use this ?

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Friday, July 27, 2018 6:41 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Friday, July 27, 2018 6:41 PM This is not GPO support forum
    Friday, May 4, 2018 12:20 PM

All replies

• Use Group Policy, not a script.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Friday, May 4, 2018 3:03 PM
  • Your question is about how to configure and deploy Windows systems. It is not a scriptable issue for non-admins and REG is not a script.

For how to deploy systems with custom settings post in the deployment forum. They will advise you as to the correct tools and use for deployment issues.

If this is in a domain follow Bill's suggestion above.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, May 4, 2018 7:28 PM