Need help with web form?!?! CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are just a few steps away from releasing our new CRM system to the office. I have tried to work with 3 different companies on this and I can not find one who will help they all want a project or for us to buy some integration plugin.

All  I am trying to do is create a public facing webpage that can query some account information and display it on a webform. I do NOT have the GUID yet it will need to be able to look the record up by account number. I know there are a number of ways to connect to CRM but I can not seam to figure out the right way in a webpage that lets me do what I need it to. The SDK examples create a record then use the GUID from that record to update/retrieve data. 

I have tried with the following guide but it does not have query abilities: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f16384a5-ade6-47a7-9790-061630b55178/ms-crm-2011-create-contact

FYI: This is CRM 2013 On-Premise

Thanks! 

Ryan

• Edited by Ryan Gergen Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:15 PM Update info
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'd look at the Solution - \SDK\SampleCode\CS\QuickStart\QuickStartCS - it has examples on connecting to CRM. 

You can look at the Solution - \SDK\SampleCode\CS\GeneralProgramming\Queries\Query - specifically QueryByAttribute. This would allow you to search by a field property.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:16 PM
  • Jason,

I have maybe I am just not understanding. or maybe it is my slight lack of C# knowledge. 

Also FYI Jason we purchased CRM from your company. I have had a hell of a time getting help from them without the need for a huge contracted project.

Thanks,

Ryan 

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:19 PM
  • Hopefully the example I sent helps!

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Ryan Gergen Friday, March 21, 2014 2:18 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:58 PM
  • Hi

What is your struggle?

Is this serverside ASP.NET? Are you Online, On-Premise / IFD?

Is it the connection to CRM or the Query/Request that is the problem?

For query to CRM using strong typing with a generated entity-class use this:

("client" in the code is the organizationservice object)

string accountnumber = "11111";
    OrganizationServiceContext osc=new OrganizationServiceContext(client);

//list of accounts
    var account = osc.CreateQuery<Account>().Where(acc => acc.AccountNumber == accoutnumber);

//One account or null (error if more than one)
    var oneaccount = osc.CreateQuery<Account>().SingleOrDefault(acc => acc.AccountNumber == accoutnumber);

If you have no entites file, use this:

string accoutnumber = "11111";
    OrganizationServiceContext osc=new OrganizationServiceContext(client);

//list of accounts
    var account = osc.CreateQuery("account").Where(acc => acc.GetAttributeValue<string>("accountnumber") == accoutnumber);

//One account or null (error if more than one)
    var oneaccount = osc.CreateQuery("account").SingleOrDefault(acc => acc.GetAttributeValue<string>("accountnumber") == accoutnumber);

In both cases you need the following references from the crm SDK in your web project

microsoft.crm.sdk.proxy

microsoft.xrm.sdk

microsoft.xrm.client

Best Regards Jens Egil Evensen

Friday, March 21, 2014 1:10 PM