Error on deploy CRM package solution + CRM SDK toolkit + visual studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• error : An error occurred. Contact a system administrator or refer to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK troubleshooting guide.

is the error while i deploy a CRMPackage VS2012 solution to the TRIAL online CRM 2013.

please help me out from this ASAP.

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you ever been able to deploy - or has this problem always happened? Are you deploying only sandboxed assemblies?

Is there no more information displayed in the deployment output window from within VS? Check that you have the latest version of the toolkit - specifically for CRM2013.

Next thing to try is to install Fiddler and look at the HTTP trace to see what is going on.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Chngfrenzoid Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:25 PM
    Answerer
  • i am doing this webresources deployment for the first time in ONLINE CRM.

i used this deployment method to deploy the webresource in onpremise crm. [sucessufully]

i only deploy webresources.

in VS output window it show the below msg:

------ Build started: Project: CrmUtilityBank, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    ------ Deploy started: Project: CrmUtilityBank, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    WorkingFolder: bin\Debug\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\CRM\Microsoft.CrmDeveloperTools.12.targets(242,5): error : An error occurred. Contact a system administrator or refer to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK troubleshooting guide.
    Done building project "CrmUtilityBank.csproj" -- FAILED.

========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:20 PM
  • Hi,

I had something similar a while back - What I suggest you do is:

1. Uninstall CRM Toolkit for VS

2. Rename 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\CRM\Microsoft.CrmDeveloperTools.12.targets' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\CRM\Microsoft.CrmDeveloperTools.12.targets.bak'

3. Instal the CRM toolkit for CRM2013 (found in the SDK that you can download from here (http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40321)

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:19 PM
    Answerer
  •  install the CrmDeveloperTools_VS12 Installer that is inside of the SDK CRM 2013
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:24 PM