Dashboard Reset to Getting Started Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I recently had trouble updating an add-in, and throughout a session of many reboots, my dashboard now defaults to the "Getting Started Tasks" tab, with Set up Server Backup being the only greyed out option.

However, all options and settings appear to have been retained.  For example, if I click on "Get updates for other Microsoft Products" I get a "Microsoft Update is already enabled" message.

Is there any way I can mark these tasks as completed and change the dashboard back to Common Tasks, or might this be part of a larger problem?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hi - thanks for the reminder, and yes, some updates.  A little curious though.

When I got back the problem had solved itself.  I was playing with it over the weekend, and none of the issues re-occurred.  I also noticed that in the web interface the Media Library appeared blank (or I was back to getting the old "an error occurred" message), and that too has now restored itself.

I haven't had a chance to delve into what happened, but it kind of looked like it rebuilt itself when left to it (if that makes sense).

Thanks for the time - very much appreciated.

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:51 PM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 8:48 AM

All replies

• What happens if you select "Allow me to select which add-ins to load" when you start the Dashboard?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:00 AM
  • Hi Phil - thanks for that.  I'll try when I get home.  At the moment I'm accessing the dashboard remotely
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:07 AM
  • Hi,

Any update? Follow Phil Harrison's suggestion, then any more clue you can find?

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Monday, April 28, 2014 8:06 AM
  • Hi - thanks for the reminder, and yes, some updates.  A little curious though.

When I got back the problem had solved itself.  I was playing with it over the weekend, and none of the issues re-occurred.  I also noticed that in the web interface the Media Library appeared blank (or I was back to getting the old "an error occurred" message), and that too has now restored itself.

I haven't had a chance to delve into what happened, but it kind of looked like it rebuilt itself when left to it (if that makes sense).

Thanks for the time - very much appreciated.

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:51 PM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 8:48 AM