Status in Icon on taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• The WHS Icon in the taskbar is color-coded: green, yellow or red. After a problem the status is  fi yellow and the text is: backup is not ok or up to date. OK, so I solve that problem but the color of the icon is not changing. When I look in the backup status then there is no problem anymore and the networkstatus is OK. So there is a difference between the icon and the real situation. Is there a way to force an update of the icon-status?  I tried to stop the connection to the server and start it again, most times that helps but it is not what I am looking for.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:56 PM

Answers

• The forums are great for discussing issues to determine if you have a probelm.  The Connect site, http://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer is great for filing bugs when you know there is a problem.

Please search through the bugs on Connect before posting to make sure you don't post a duplicate bug, and always include exact repro steps, screenshots and the TALQ logs to help the product team understand and troubleshoot the issue.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:04 PM

All replies

• I have noticed that it can take a few minutes for the icon to update.  What I don't like is that it shows red when systems miss their backups even if backup is turned off.

I made a one time backup of my laptop which I have the backups disabled.  Now my icon is always red because it hasn't been backed up in a couple of days.  They need to fix that so machines whos backup is disabled will not affect the health status.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:06 PM
  • The forums are great for discussing issues to determine if you have a probelm.  The Connect site, http://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer is great for filing bugs when you know there is a problem.

Please search through the bugs on Connect before posting to make sure you don't post a duplicate bug, and always include exact repro steps, screenshots and the TALQ logs to help the product team understand and troubleshoot the issue.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:04 PM