none
Reporting abuse RRS feed

• Question

• Someone is being very offensively abusive in this thread, and is creating multiple accounts to do it.  Please see that appropriate action is taken to stop it.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• I requested that the two offensive users in that thread be banned. You can also report the abuse in this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/d236b1a2-60c8-44b4-b53d-68da83503b1d

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Also, the moderator in that forum should not wait,  but delete these messages immediately. Do we have enough moderators in that forum? If not, there needs to be a request for moderator.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:49 PM
  • I submitted two requests, one for each of the abusive users in the thread. The first was banned (I got an email this morning confirming) and those replies must have been deleted, but it looks like the second user was not banned as I can still see the posts. I thought to ban because I saw no legitimate activity in the profiles.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:00 PM
  • Last time I checked that thread it had a few absolutely inappropriate responses. The moderator should delete them immediately and request these users to be banned. 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:52 PM
  • Some of the abusive posts are still there.  I'm going to unmark as answer for this thread until I see that it's been resolved.

The abusive user changed their profile name, could that have given somebody the slip?

Maybe _I_ should be a moderator.  hmmmm....

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:23 PM
  • I requested that both user names in the thread (when I first viewed it yesterday) be banned. One got banned in a few hours. I think the other request got lost. I just submitted a second request to have the remaining user banned (since there is no legitimate activity in their profile). When a user is banned, all of their posts disappear.

Maybe that forum needs another moderator. This Wiki describes the process:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5843.how-to-become-an-msdn-or-technet-forum-moderatoranswerer.aspx

In the section "How to Become a Moderator", note the link in item # 9, where you can make your request.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:01 PM
  • Jundan Wu reported the two users have been banned. When I check the profile, there is no activity. As yet I see the one user's replies in the thread, but the avatar is missing. It must take awhile to remove all activity.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:40 PM
  • @Richard Mueller, I see the same -- that the avatar is missing but the replies are still there.  I'll give it some time.

I'm waiting 16+ hours now though.

Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:55 PM