2-tier sync from sqlce3.5 to sqlserver2005 on windows mobile RRS feed

• Question

• I was thrilled to learn that the sync framework is finally supported on windows mobile (sync service for ado.net v1.0 ctp device). But so far have not been able to setup a simple 2-tier synchronization on it, going from sqlce3.5 to sqlserver 2005.

I have the same app working on desktop, and was hoping I could port the same code with minimum changes to windows mobile.

When I add the various references, I notice Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Server is not in the list, causing numerous compile error related to DbServerSyncProvider. When I did added this dll by browsing to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Synchronization Services\ADO.NET\v1.0, it complains of needing reference to System.Data.dll v2.0, even when it's already added.

Any one with any success on this?

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:33 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:29 PM

All replies

• I was reading on the documentation and a sample code, it seems the synchronization has to go thru a webservice on windows mobile (that could be what is causing my problem), is that correct?
    Friday, April 18, 2008 1:08 PM
  • You are correct.  The device bits are only supported on n-tier architectures.

Sean Kelley

Program Manager

Microsoft.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:50 PM