Automatic exposure blending RRS feed

• Question

• Always I Lock Exposure in the Middle Area of Panoramic Frame e.g when I stitch 3 images I Lock Exposure of 2th image (middle) So what do you mean Automatic exposure blending
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:30 AM

Answers

• I think there is a misunderstanding of the word "exposure". It is refering to the amout of time the photosensor of your camera is exposed to the light-rays. Usually a camera choses it's own exposure best for the current situation, by changing the exposure-value. This results in different exposures within a series of photos, some darker some lighter and ICE is capable of blending them smoothly without much color differences.

I am not sure what you mean when you are talking of "exposure" but I hope this helps you!

• Marked as answer by mgklivisi Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:06 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:01 AM

All replies

• I think there is a misunderstanding of the word "exposure". It is refering to the amout of time the photosensor of your camera is exposed to the light-rays. Usually a camera choses it's own exposure best for the current situation, by changing the exposure-value. This results in different exposures within a series of photos, some darker some lighter and ICE is capable of blending them smoothly without much color differences.

I am not sure what you mean when you are talking of "exposure" but I hope this helps you!

• Marked as answer by mgklivisi Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:06 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:01 AM
  • rj design's answer only applies when the camera is  shooting in auto - exposure mode. It's the photographer who should choose the exposure best suited to each photograph, and not the camera !

When shooting for panorama,s  exposures can be kept constant by using Manual exposure mode. Take a general shot on auto, make a note of the speed & aperture, and use these figures (with appropriate corrections) to set the Manual mode.

Geoff

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:40 PM
  • Well this was not the question mgklivisi was asking. Of course you should always use the manual-expsoure mode, but the "automatic exposure blending" he/she was asking for is the ICE feature for correcting exposure changes when shooting in the automatic mode.
    Friday, May 25, 2012 2:17 PM