subscribing to windows live one care RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have 5 trial days left and have been trying to subscribe. Each time I try and pay it will not allow me to change the state/region and keeps defaulting to the United States.  How can I get this to change to the United Kingdom?
    Saturday, April 12, 2008 7:51 AM

Answers

•  DawnMA wrote:

I have 5 trial days left and have been trying to subscribe. Each time I try and pay it will not allow me to change the state/region and keeps defaulting to the United States.  How can I get this to change to the United Kingdom?

Try the following:

1. Set Internet Explorer to be your default browser, if it isn't already, via Program Access and Defaults from Control Panel.

2. Open IE and in Tools/Internet Options, verify that your language setting is correct for your country.

If it is not, click "Add" to select your language and country combination from the list.

Make that selection the default. It should appear at the top of the list.

Remove or demote other entries that are not appropriate for your country.

3. Delete cookies and temporary Internet Files from within IE.

4. On the IE connections tab, make sure "automatically detect" is not selected for the LAN settings.

5. Close IE.

6. Open OneCare and proceed with activation.

If the above still fails to bring you to the form for payment in your (supported) country, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, April 13, 2008 1:34 AM

All replies

•  DawnMA wrote:

I am having the same trouble - tried help but to no avail yet - awaiting response.
    Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:23 AM
  •  

Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:33 AM
  •  DawnMA wrote:

Try the following:

1. Set Internet Explorer to be your default browser, if it isn't already, via Program Access and Defaults from Control Panel.

2. Open IE and in Tools/Internet Options, verify that your language setting is correct for your country.

If it is not, click "Add" to select your language and country combination from the list.

Make that selection the default. It should appear at the top of the list.

Remove or demote other entries that are not appropriate for your country.

3. Delete cookies and temporary Internet Files from within IE.

4. On the IE connections tab, make sure "automatically detect" is not selected for the LAN settings.

5. Close IE.

6. Open OneCare and proceed with activation.

If the above still fails to bring you to the form for payment in your (supported) country, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, April 13, 2008 1:34 AM
  • CJ_One Care,

OneCare is not available in South Africa, so you will not be able to activate.

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Ireland (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

-steve

Sunday, April 13, 2008 1:35 AM
  • Thank you for help in subscribing to OneCare. However i am now having problems activating it. I cannot find any navigation to lead me to activation, only via the subscribe route but as I have now subscribed it stops me and says I have already purchased One Care

Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:11 PM
  • DawnMA, it sounds like you have already subscribed, but something has prevented the activation/subscription credentials from being returned to your PC.

First, check the PC date and time. Next, open OneCare and click check for updates to see if that causes the credentials to be returned.

If that still doesn't work and there is no other security software installed and active that might be blocking the communication, please contact support (via email as a trial user).

-steve

Monday, April 14, 2008 5:49 AM