none
Pivot Chart Help Needed

Question

• I just started working with Pivot table since taking a class 4 weeks ago for my job but I still have alot to learn.

I use MS 2013 and I have a pivot chart that has the word [blank] in rows that do not have any data. If I click on the filter and uncheck the "blank" box, it removes the entire row with the blanks. How do I keep the row so the field that have data in it is still display?

Also, when I try to group my months (Jan thru Dec) by year, it won't let me. When I click "group" the only options it is showing is the number 23, which is the first number listed in the cell in my data. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

In the Pivot Field, I have the Companies and the Months in the Rows section and if I move either of them to the Columsn section, the data is not laid out correct.

Companies Jan-17 Feb-17 Mar-17 Apr-17 May-17 Jun-17 Jul-17 Aug-17 Sep-17 Oct-17 Nov-17 Dec-17
    Mercedes-Benz Vans 23 1 2 4 4 8 5 8 12 3 33 7
    Mercedes-Benz Vans Sum
    Volvo (blank) (blank) (blank) 10 (blank) (blank) (blank) 97 25 11 49 45
    Volvo Sum
    Grand Total

Sunday, March 19, 2017 3:36 AM

Answers

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I believe you should ask your question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum dedicated to Office, such as this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum

Search for similar questions, or click on "Participate" and select "Ask a Question". The Answers/Community forums are on a different platform, so we cannot move this question there. You will need to ask your question again. Sorry.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Sunday, March 19, 2017 9:56 PM