Error in MS CRM-Lookup reference could not be resolved RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to upload the data int MS CRM into the Opportunity module for which I have changed the dispaly name as Lead BSIL

To upload the data I am using the Import option in the Data Management.

There are four lookup in the form out of which one is out of box i.e the Potential customer field and the remaining three are custom entitites which I have created and linked to opportunity module by means of N:1 relationship.

To import the data into CRM,I have given the schema name and the GUID of the entity for eg account.guid of the account.

But I am getting an error "The look reference could not be resloved" and unable to upload the data.

Pl let know the probable reason for this error

Regards

Nagaraj

Sunday, August 1, 2010 11:25 AM

Answers

• you should just put primary attribute value of relevant entity in data file..

for e.g. for account you should just put account name and crm will automatically find the account and attached it with this opportunity..same thing should be done for other custom entities..

So instead GUID put the related entity name or title..

Hope this helps..

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 4:13 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• you should just put primary attribute value of relevant entity in data file..

for e.g. for account you should just put account name and crm will automatically find the account and attached it with this opportunity..same thing should be done for other custom entities..

So instead GUID put the related entity name or title..

Hope this helps..

Sunday, August 1, 2010 4:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Mayank, I followed your instructions and the problem has been resolved and I am able to upload the data
    Monday, August 2, 2010 5:52 AM
  • you are welcome!!
    Monday, August 2, 2010 4:18 PM
    Answerer