Drag and Drop flowcharts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction regarding the creation of flow charts within a .net program.

I use a Q+A system at work and I want to be able to graphically design the Question and Answer Sequence, using drag and drop components. Essentially I need to create 3 types of Questions (one answer, multiple answers, no answer required) and have the answers from these link to the next questions.

Does anyone know of any charting software that would allow drag and drop, connectors and would allow me to define the look and feel of the components? There seem to be several available, but none that would allow me to create something like this.

Many thanks in advance,

elFal

• Moved by Chao Kuo Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:22 AM Not VB.net related (From:Visual Basic General)
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:13 PM

All replies

• While you could create such a drag/drop program in visual basic (or any other .NET based language) I would think that adding some code and automation to Visio for example would be a better approach. Or customize an existing component to your needs.

Creating drag/drop and the code associated with that is quite a large endeavor. It's not impossible by any means, but involves a lot of concepts.

Stephen J Whiteley
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:03 PM
  • Hello,

I think DSL(Domain specific language) is just what you need, it is a domain specific language which in visual studio, you could drag and drop just like class designer. And the code could be generated.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb126235(VS.90).aspx

Thanks

Chao

Please unmark it if it does not help, and mark it if it helps.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 11:52 AM