finding unreconciled transactions in an account RRS feed

• Question

• money 2006 deluxe: how can I make a report on unreconciled transactions in a bank account?  Or how can I isolate or filter unreconciled transactions?

david

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:30 PM

All replies

• I see you have started a new thread.  Same answer:

To see un-reconciled transactions in an account, go to Reports and select the "Account Transactions" shown in the "Income and Expense" group.  Select that report and then "Customize" and select the "Details" tab.  You will see the option you need.

Bill Becker

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:40 PM
  • Thanks for your answer.  

It looks right and I recall going down that path before,

but it does not WORK (it does not display ONLY unreconciled transactions).

david

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:50 PM
  • I'm using Money Sunset US and just tried this with my checking account and with an investment cash account.  It displays only un-reconciled transactions just as I expect.

When you look at the register for the account, are the transactions you want marked a un-reconciled?  If go to the View dropdown and select "Unreconciled Transactions" does that work?

Bill Becker

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:55 PM
  • My version of Money does not have a VIEW dropdown that I can find, and I can't locate any reference to "unreconciled Transactions."

Damn!  Thanks for trying...

david

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:26 AM
  • Are you maybe using the "Essentials" register setting?  Have a look at Tools > Settings> Account Settings (global)

Scroll down and see if checking "Display all accounts in the Advanced Account Register" gives the "View" dropdown.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:31 PM
  • Hi Bill,

I am using the Advanced A/C Register and had to check the "Display all accounts etc" check box but I still cannot find any VIEW anywhere or any way to select unreconciled transactions that works.

<sigh>

David Abraham

david

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:44 PM
  • Bank account advanced register selecting Unreconciled Transactions

Note that if you go to that mode, you can select the first transaction. Ctrl+Shift+M will, using auto-repeat due to holding down the keys, will mark all transactions as Reconciled. Each in turn will disappear. Don't forget to switch back to All Transactions. This would force the account as being marked as reconciled/balanced.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:03 PM
  • Hi Cal,

Thanks.

I "reconcile" transactions as they happen daily, but MANUALLY. This obvious VIEW option just plain does not work, all transactions are displayed, whether C'd or not.

<sigh>

david

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:15 PM
  • Hi Bill,

Sorry for my density, the VIEW drop-down is obvious, but it does not work, all transactions are displayed.

David

david

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:17 PM
  • I "reconcile" transactions as they happen daily, but MANUALLY. This obvious VIEW option just plain does not work, all transactions are displayed, whether C'd or not.

Confirm that
    1.  The account is a bank account, credit card account, or the *cash* account of an investment account.
    2.You see an R under the C column for each transaction.

You can try a report, such as an Account transactions report. Customize to include Cleared Status on the Rows&Columns tab. You could look at the column visually, or you could paste into a spreadsheet where you could sort by that column.

You could also try making a repaired version of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->Standard... level 2.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:33 PM