Document folder name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When creating new document folders for accounts, the name isn't correct anymore.
    Example: for a company named "test", it will create a folder in the location: crmlocation.com/account/test_15643413486...

Why doesn't it just takes the name "test"? This happend since the update to CRM 2013.
    I've already installed a new listcomponent on SharePoint, but with the same result.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:43 PM

Answers

• With CRM 2013 they changed the naming convention to include the unique record identifier as part of the folder name to avoid situations where there are multiple contacts named "John Smith" and the documents from both totally separate records going into the same SharePoint folder. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:51 PM
  • There isn't any type of configuration you can change to accomplish this. If you wanted the change the name typically what you would do is use a plugin to pre-create the folder when the record is created and specify the name then. 

Jason Lattimer

• Marked as answer by Alexander_DM Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:17 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:02 PM

All replies

• With CRM 2013 they changed the naming convention to include the unique record identifier as part of the folder name to avoid situations where there are multiple contacts named "John Smith" and the documents from both totally separate records going into the same SharePoint folder. 

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply!
    So this can't be changed anymore to a "normal" name?

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:52 PM
  • There isn't any type of configuration you can change to accomplish this. If you wanted the change the name typically what you would do is use a plugin to pre-create the folder when the record is created and specify the name then. 

Jason Lattimer

• Marked as answer by Alexander_DM Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:17 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:02 PM