OneCare Circle Install RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed this service that added OneCare_2603 to my Linksys router on my home desktop. I have other office PCs that share the router however I cannot install OneCare or these (I am not allowed to install other security software on our work PCs). I am unable to now connect to the router using my work pc. What settings on that device do I need to change in order to establish a connection with my router. Or is there a OneCare setting that I can use to deactivate this feature on my router?

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:42 PM

Answers

• On the PC that has OneCare that configured security for you, the following instructions will allow you to obtain the security key that must now be manually entered into the wireless connection settings on the other PCs.

To add a device to a newly secured wireless network, follow the instructions in the manufacturer's manual for the device. If you need more help, contact the manufacturer of the device.

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:03 PM

All replies

• On the PC that has OneCare that configured security for you, the following instructions will allow you to obtain the security key that must now be manually entered into the wireless connection settings on the other PCs.

To add a device to a newly secured wireless network, follow the instructions in the manufacturer's manual for the device. If you need more help, contact the manufacturer of the device.

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Step 3 "Click Details", the Details button is greyed out.

Friday, October 24, 2008 2:13 AM
  • That means that you did not secure your wireless network from that PC from within OneCare. Details is only available from the PC that took the action.

-steve

Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:59 PM