Money 2001 on Windows 7 - stock price updates RRS feed

• Question

• Share price updates were working for me until 5th September 2012 (last week)!

Now I'm getting "Money was unable to connect to the online prices server".
    So, do you know if this is gone for good now and there is no way to get it back working? It's odd that it worked up until now when apparently it was switch offed off in 2011.

(i've just seen a topic on various scripts so I guess I'll have a look at those. I have mostly UK and US shares.)

I have tried Quicken but I really hate it. It is such a pity that Money is gone. I've found nothing as good to replace it. I have 13 years of financial history in there so I'm hoping that what I have will stay working!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:00 PM

All replies

• There are several threads here about adding an extra digit to your stock codes.  Seems MS has started requiring them again.  Presumably they are some sort of checksum but it did work for me.  Find the full codes for your stocks and bonds and try them.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:07 PM
  • I had no idea what they were talking about with the digit thing but I just did the URL change in the registry as suggested by Mitch here

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/money/thread/d8dc8c86-a250-4344-9f78-faa8a0b078ec

and I'm up and running!

Long may it last!

Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:20 PM