locked
Entity Error [Help] RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dear All,

    A few days ago i created a new custom entity, say "My Entity". It works fine, until something happen. I don't know what's going on with this entity but recently when I open it, it shows error as below:

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM%20-%20Entity%20error/EntityError.jpg

    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM%20-%20Entity%20error/EntityError2.jpg

    Then I try to modify this entity (Form, relationship, attribute). It seems getting worse so that I cannot publish this entity now.
    Any body experience this before..?


    Anyway, before i create the entity, I have already create the back up of  my crm database. I think I'm going to restore the backup-ed database.
    Do you know what database should i restore? there are two database mitrais_MSCRM and MSCRM_CONFIG.
     Is it oke to the system if I do that? Can this cause system crash? Or any body now the safe procedure to do this?

    I'm using crm 4.0.
    I'm system administrator.

    Please help

    Regards,
    Dolfi Besari
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:34 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    Yes, you are right, there is a missing attribute. (it is defined in the errror message). And after I create the attribute. It works again.

    Thank y ou
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 1:00 AM

All replies

  •  

    Hi,

    This issue oftem appears in CRM import Export process. So i recommend you do followig list:

     

    1) Open the entity Form and check if there is some field missing.

    2) If you are using lookups then check that lookup at form and also in relationships.

    3) Check all views if there is some missing attributed referenced there.

    4) If you have changed pe of attribute then you need to manully set the type in target attribute.

     

    Hope this helps,

    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:31 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

    Yes, you are right, there is a missing attribute. (it is defined in the errror message). And after I create the attribute. It works again.

    Thank y ou
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 1:00 AM
  •  

    Well, you can always restore database but it is not recommeded for this tiny issue.

     

    Since we dont know what attribute/view/relationship is causing this error so i want tyou to please enable trace at server and you can find all this information from trace entry.

     

    To enable trace at server ad following registry entries:

     

    TraceEnabled DWORD A value of 0 or 1 If you use a value of 0, tracing is disabled. If you use a value of 1, tracing is enabled.
    TraceDirectory String C:\CRMTrace The TraceDirectory registry entry specifies the directory for the trace log files. The directory must exist, and the user who starts the Microsoft CRMAppPool must have full control over this directory. When you install Microsoft CRM, the default user is NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE.
    TraceRefresh DWORD A number between zero and 99 When the data is changed, the trace settings in the other trace registry entries are applied

     

     

    at

     

    The Microsoft CRM server tracing registry entries are located in the following registry subkey:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSCRM
     
    and then send me the detail of the error.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 1:26 AM
    Moderator