none
Top Answerer stats compromised by spammer? RRS feed

• Question

• I see in the C# General forum that one of the top answerers is roseflamingo.  <-- A spam account.

As far as I can tell, this account first posted spam over 3 months ago, and yet the account still exists.  Also, as far as I can tell (according to the activity record) that account hasn't "answered" any posts, even illegitimately, in the past month.  Yet the Top Answerers claims to be for the past 30 days.

So why does a link to this spam account appear in the Top Answerers section of the forum?

How has it arrived at the magic total of 45 posts this month for roseflamingo when the activity record shows no activity for more than 2 months?

At the very least, that account should be banned.

But, of more importance, the Top Answerer stats don't seem to be representative of what is actually going on with that user.  Can you explain?

Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Wyck,

the statistics aren't working for months
    Latest information (recent visitors, etc.) is not up to date

and so that flamingo survived ;)

Regards, Elmar

• Edited by Elmar Boye Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:22 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Richard MuellerMVP Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wyck Friday, June 14, 2013 12:32 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:21 PM
  • If the account is not yet banned, report him to fissues at microsoft dot com.

I am surprised you noticed that the list was not update only now. It has been the same for 4+ months already. I am suggesting to remove it.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:17 PM
  • The questions and replies in the profile seem to all be deleted, but the account seems to exist. I requested that the account be banned.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:46 PM
  • OK, cool.  Thanks for the link to that thread Elmar & Naomi!  I see now that the stats are totally out of date.

Hopefully future updates to the forum software will make it so that when an account is banned/deleted that the stats get updated to reflect that too.

Friday, June 14, 2013 12:37 PM