none
Power failure corrupted reinstall. Cannot activate server software, after fresh install. RRS feed

• Question

• Original WHS drive failure required a repair of the OS, power failure corrupted install .  Had to do a fresh install and now can not activate or update server software.  Is the OS dead now. Options.

OS is Windows Home Server Version 5.2 with Service pack 2 installed.

Power outages damaged some of the hard drives installed. Data on damaged drives lost and not recoverable and accepted this fact.

Original attempt to do a repair of the OS was corrupted by power failures also. 

Fresh install of OS has been running for 25 days now and requires activation soon. I have installed a new hard drive and one of the old hard drives and recovered the shared folder of the old drive to the server.

When I attempt to activate WHS, I get Message 32777 - Unable to establish connection with the activation server.

When I launch the windows update I get Error number 0x80072EFF - This website encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:10 PM

All replies

• You'll have to give a lot more details. What OS exactly? Is that Windows Home Server?

And why can't you activate or update? What errors?

Can't you just do another fresh install?

Better still, I'm guessing English isn't your first language.

Look top RIGHT. There is a language dropdown.

You can change the forum language and probably get quicker help in your mother tongue.

Regards,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:15 PM
  • OS is Windows Home Server Version 5.2 with Service pack 2 installed.

Power outages damaged some of the hard drives installed. Data on damaged drives lost and not recoverable and accepted this fact.

Original attempt to do a repair of the OS was corrupted by power failures also. 

Fresh install of OS has been running for 25 days now and requires activation soon. I have installed a new hard drive and one of the old hard drives and recovered the shared folder of the old drive to the server.

When I attempt to activate WHS, I get Message 32777 - Unable to establish connection with the activation server.

When I launch the windows update I get Error number 0x80072EFF - This website encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:11 PM
  • Original post updated.
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:48 PM