Homescreen as multitask manager and Lock Screen Widgets! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

My suggestion is to use the homescreen as a task manager. If you open a program, should it be shown with the title in the home screen.
    This way you can easily switch between open applications, this is need because the great thing Windows Phone does is multitasking with a lot of apps.
    Also it would be nice to be able to pin an applications to the homescreen or unpin, if it's already pinned (like windows 7). You should be able to do that with everything so also the "voicemail" option, because i and i think more people don't use voicemail so it's a waste of space. So people can easily personalize their phone.

So when you hold your finger for a few seconds on the title of the program you'll get an option like "Always Show".

I made an example in flash about how it should work:
    EXAMPLE CLICK HERE http://www.2nrg.nl/winmo.html

As you could see marketplace was added to the homescreen (didn't shoose the option "Always Show" to show what would happen if you pressed the X).
    Here you are able to close programs that are open with the "X" (right bottom) so you can easely close programs you don't need to use anymore to free up memory space. Also with the "Always Show" option you could add "Move to Top" to allow people to order them like they want it.

I would like to be able to change how much icons on a row are visable in the start menu on some screens 2 are better sometimes 3 and on large screens 4, like on my HTC HD2.

I would like to be able to choose to sort contacts on first or last-name, if you have fewer contacts that might be easier.

Double icon for showing 3g, H, gprs speeds isn't necessary, i now Have a Big H and a small one with my receive strength. One would have been enough.

I also like it if you could add small widgets for the lock-screen, like a f1 countdown timer till next race, or the last twitt, or the weather. The widgets could also be in the marketplace.

Feel free to add comments and why you would like this or not!
    • Changed type -NRG- Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:16 PM It is to see what other people think as well.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:15 PM

All replies

• Also i would like to to the following suggestions:

Close button:
    Why doesn't a program close if you press the X button in the top right corner?
    Like windows on the pc it closes a program and it should close a program on the phone as well, on a phone background processes keep draining battery and makes the phones sometimes slow. So for a better experience with windows phones it should close the program so it's consistent with the windows platform. If you press a home or start button on the phone it should minimize the program so you still can multitask.

Copy Paste?
    It's great you can copy and paste on your windows phone but you can't paste it everywhere, you should be able to do this.
    It's abnoying that if i copy an email adres in pocket ie that i can't paste it in MSN to add as contact. It's very important to always have the same options throughout the system.

Windows explorer:
    Windows explore should have more options like showing file information and the extention. Like the desktop version you should be able to change the options of explorer to show or not show hidden items and to show or not show file extension. Also it would be nice if you could make a selection of multiple items like for example mp3's i am able to select as long as i don't have an scroll bar but i'm unable to select files when there is a scrollbar. After i've mp3's i would like to be able to play them in windows media player to make it easy to create a playlist of a directory. So intergrate media player in file explorer.

Sunday, December 6, 2009 8:53 PM