CRM 2011 MSCRMTracing Error - Event Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm organizing forms, views and fields in MS CRM 2011 (UR5, Windows Server 2008 R2) for a Marina Company. And have a question about it.

I've read most of forums and blog posts about this MSCRMTracing error. Tried to look for from Windows Registery. Found the tracing path, enabled/disabled tracing, checked and restarted IIS etc. but still I can't manage to handle this issue. System has about 200+ same errors each day.

I'd like to ask if you are related to this kind of problems and can guide?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:22 AM

Answers

• To submit an answer to this question, I want to clarify that only thing that I changed between 2 days is; changing the value of TraceEnabled from 0 to 1.

Then the problem solved. Didn't get any error this morning.

You can change this via Microsoft Registry Editor, following the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM[TraceEnabled]

*Scott thanks for your time.

• Marked as answer by cankabaklarli Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:26 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:26 AM

All replies

• Could you post the error?

I've seen this before when the PowerShell command has been used to enable tracing and then the trace directory has been deleted.

Usually, simply creating the trace directory stops the errors from being raised.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:03 AM
    Answerer
  • It should be though but I couldn't manage.

You may check the Error log.

Log Name: Application

Source:        MSCRMTracing
    Date:          7/16/2013 2:30:42 AM
    Event ID:      17203
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      computer.domain.com.tr
    Description:
    Invalid Trace Directory. Additional Info:[ Unable to Write file , Trace directory not defined (Reporting Process:File Name is Null. LocalTraceSettings: {Filename:  ,FileCountSuffix:1 ,TraceFileSize:10485760 ,TraceDirectory: ,TracingCallStack:Yes ,IsTracingOff:No ,LoadState:LoadSuccessfulUnreported ,RefreshTraceInt:-1 ,SiteWideRefreshTraceInt:-1 ,RegistryRefreshTraceInt:13} ] , AppDomain:CrmAsyncService)
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="MSCRMTracing" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49152">17203</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-15T23:30:42.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>253674</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>computer.domain.com.tr</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>[ Unable to Write file , Trace directory not defined</Data>
        <Data>File Name is Null. LocalTraceSettings: {Filename:  ,FileCountSuffix:1 ,TraceFileSize:10485760 ,TraceDirectory: ,TracingCallStack:Yes ,IsTracingOff:No ,LoadState:LoadSuccessfulUnreported ,RefreshTraceInt:-1 ,SiteWideRefreshTraceInt:-1 ,RegistryRefreshTraceInt:13} ] </Data>
        <Data>CrmAsyncService</Data>
        <Data>C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Server\bin\</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

• Edited by cankabaklarli Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:31 AM re-upload image
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

It seems you don't have the TraceDirectory registry entry defined - I suggest you use the DiagTool to set up - http://crmdiagtool2011.codeplex.com/

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by nrodri Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:36 AM
    Answerer
  • I'll look for it and write back again. Thanks.

---

OK. Hi again.

I downloaded CRM Diag Tool. When I run the .exe It's seen that "Tracing is enabled". Also; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM[TraceDirectory] has the right file path. Even there are lots of log files at this path. It means that I couldn't set up a new thing, It's been set already.

Only thing that's not familiar to me is; (with troubleshooting file via CRM Diag Tool) at SQL DeploymentProperties table Tracing is disabled. Could it be something about this?

• Edited by cankabaklarli Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:04 AM added new comments
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:11 AM
  • To submit an answer to this question, I want to clarify that only thing that I changed between 2 days is; changing the value of TraceEnabled from 0 to 1.

Then the problem solved. Didn't get any error this morning.

You can change this via Microsoft Registry Editor, following the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM[TraceEnabled]

*Scott thanks for your time.

• Marked as answer by cankabaklarli Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:26 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:26 AM