none
Need help with bare metal deployent

Question

• Ok, so I'm having an issue with getting my PXE boot enabled computers to show up on the add node wizard on my head node. My head node and all my compute nodes are connected to my domain controller through a network switch. On the head node, it  identifies the network as an enterprise network with the domain name I set. I might just be missing something, but I have a node template made and I passed all the other configurations things to get to this point. My network topology is everything connected to an enterprise network. Besides that, all my nodes are configured to pxe boot and do, but nothing shows up on the add node wizard. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :D
    Monday, February 22, 2016 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hello SambertWilliam,

Thanks for using HPC Pack. The bare metal deployment is only supported when your compute nodes are connected to a private network.
    We support 5 cluster network topologies, and for topology 5 (your case), bare metal deployment is not applicable.
    Please see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff919478.aspx for more info about cluster network topology.
    You can change your cluster network to topology 1 or topology 2 if you need to leverage the bare metal deployment.
    Or you may manually install the compute nodes.

Best Regards,
    Sunbin
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:38 AM