Bad Time with WHS, Need Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having problems with WHS, and have tried solutions mentioned in the forum.  However 2 problems persist, one minor and one major.

1) Minor Problem.  Every time I restart WHS I get a message that a driver or service failed to load, and to check the event file.  The event file shows nothing, and

2) Major Problem.  Every 24 hours or so, I have to go to the actual WHS and restart because I am unable to log on from WHS console, or RDP.  When I go to the server, and log on direct I get a Message that a program has caused an error, or made a request causing a Microsoft C+++++ Runtime error. It says to check the programs settings, however it never states what program, that part of the error is blank.  The only program running is PICO 2000 that I use to run a video card for surveillance cameras.  I cannot uninstall it, because it requires a registration with the manufacturer to re install.  I am at wits end, and never had this problem running the program with Windows Server 2003.  However, I love the features WHS provides. 

I am using the OEM version, running on a SYSTEMAX Computer with over 1 GB memory.  The motherboard is a U8668D from Biostar with the latest bios update.

Can anyone help with this?

TIA,

Mike DeMeo

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:21 PM

All replies

• I would recommend you consider a server recovery (or reinstallation, depending on the age of your installation media). You'll find some sketchy notes about the process here. Note that this does mean that you'll have to reinstall your video surveillance software. Explain the situation (server stability issues requiring one or more reinstallations) to the card manufacturer first; hopefully they'll be understanding.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:12 PM
  • Ok I followed the instructions and all went well with the server re installation, until I rebooted.  I got NTDLR missing.  No matter what I did with the drives, I could not get it to boot.  So, I am running the re installation again.  I will keep you posted!

PS we should file a class action and get the new home server as a free upgrade!

Mike DeMeo

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:57 PM
  • OK, Server recovery redone!  I realized what I did to get the NTDLR error.  I had changed some settings in disk managment that should have been left alone. 

Thanks for the help.  I will keep my fingers crossed to see if any errors re appear.

Mike DeMeo

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 5:10 PM