windows 2008 certification details RRS feed

  • Question

  • HI........

    I have done MCP and MCSA in windows server 2003.........

    Now I want to certified in windows server 2008 or 2008 R2. As I know about certification in windows 2008, there are MCIP and MCITS.........

    Can anybody provide me details about these certification so that I can upgrade myself..........

    Thanks in advance.....

    Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:07 PM


All replies

  • Hi,

    if you're a Windows Server 2003 MCSA you can upgrade your exam through the 70-648 certification - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-648&locale=en-us

    That exam gives you the 70-640 and 70-642 MCTS certifications. For a full MCITP you will need (depending on the MCITP track) some additional exams:

    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator

    • 70-643
    • 70-647
    • plus an additional exam

    MCITP: Server Administrator

    • 70-646

    For more information have a look at the following site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcitp.aspx#tab2

    Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

    @Horizon_Net | Blog

    • Marked as answer by Mr. Raj Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:54 AM
    Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:30 PM
  • One of the fastest ways to upgrade is to take a boot camp style course. You can do a 14 day boot camp that covers all of the previously mentioned exams, which is much faster than trying to study for each individual exam and slowly transitioning over. You can read more about it here: http://www.unitek.com/training/microsoft/MCTS-MCITP_EA_Five_Boot_Camp.php

    Feel free to contact me for more details: candaceb@unitekeducation.com or 510-896-7543

    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:00 PM