Oppertunity to Order Custom Attribute Mapping RRS feed

• Question

• I have added a custom attribute to Oppertunity called PO Number.  When a salesperson closes an oppertunity we validate that they have entered the customers PO Number onto the oppertunity.  As we win projects (oppertunities) we convert them to orders and that singals us that we have a JOB (order) that we need to get reources assigned to it. 

The problem lies in the additon of a Mapping that I placed on the Order New_PONUMBER field.  The order populates with all the info from the oppertunity, however it will not display the oppertunity new_PONumber field.  I've done quite a bit of reserach and it seems that I should be able to do this.  I am missing something obvious i think.  Can anyone help.

Monday, December 6, 2010 6:41 PM

Answers

• Yes, you need to do mapping between Opportunity and Quote first then make sure this working..

then you need do mapping between Quote and order and that should resolve your issues.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    • Marked as answer by CRAISBECK Tuesday, December 7, 2010 4:13 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:35 PM

All replies

• I guess you just need to update the relevant mapping for this attribute and then should resolve your issue..

check out following article for the same...

http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/rc/regcont/en_us/op/articles/5-entitycustomizations.aspx

specifically look out mapping section in above article for the same..

HTH..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    Monday, December 6, 2010 9:48 PM
  • I've added the mapping to the system configured realtionship.  When I create an oppertunity and save it then convert it to an order the PO Number does not come over to the order.  I've done the mapping on the order.  Is there something else I need to do.  Would I be better off creating my own realtionship and not use the mapping feature on an existing realtionship?
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 1:44 PM
  • have you published this changes? also clear your browser cache and see if this works..

if this does not work then check if existing mapped values are working or not..for example Source campaign should be also get move to order when order gets created from opportunity..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 1:58 PM
  • Still not working properly.  I am actually creating a quote on the oppertunity and then converting the quote to an order.  I have the mapping directly from oppertunity to order.  When I do the conversion the oppertunity id shows on the order but nothing else.  Do I need to map this  through quote reather than directly from oppertunity. 

From buinsess logic we would only get a PO on an order so i was hoping to go directly from oppertunity to order with the PO, but maybe i can't?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:12 PM
  • Yes, you need to do mapping between Opportunity and Quote first then make sure this working..

then you need do mapping between Quote and order and that should resolve your issues.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    • Marked as answer by CRAISBECK Tuesday, December 7, 2010 4:13 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:35 PM