When will the 64 bit WHS software be released? RRS feed

• Question

• I was unable to reload and reactivate my OEM WHS software. Kept getting invalid product key error.

The MS activation help line did not recognize the code. The live help line said the OEM WHS software that I

had would need a paid fee of 59.00 for further help on validating the software. It was authentic MS WHS software

that I bought from Newegg. I guess I will have to buy the new 64 bit version when it comes out. One of my PCs is running windows 7, 64 bit. 

• Moved by kariya21Moderator Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:25 AM Vail question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:20 AM

Answers

• I was unable to reload and reactivate my OEM WHS software. Kept getting invalid product key error.

The MS activation help line did not recognize the code. The live help line said the OEM WHS software that I

had would need a paid fee of 59.00 for further help on validating the software. It was authentic MS WHS software

that I bought from Newegg. I guess I will have to buy the new 64 bit version when it comes out. One of my PCs is running windows 7, 64 bit. 

MS has not announced any release date or pricing for Vail yet.  You should check their blog periodically for updates.
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:26 AM