CRM 2011 Forward Mailbox Doubt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Can anyone please tell me what exactly happens to non crm related emails when they get sent to the forward mailbox ? .

As per my understanding the Rule Deployment Wizard deploys a rule to the user mailboxes which forward all incoming mail to the forward mailbox .

So I was wondering what happens to the non crm related mails ?

Any help will be appreciated .

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Akhil,

When you use a forward mailbox there is an option that you can select to delete messages after the messages are processed, this way you can keep the mailbox to a minimum all the time.

The forward mailbox is also know as a sink mailbox and from an admin point of view you have greater control over this, so even if you don't want to delete the messages automatically you could manage/monitor the central mailbox as you wish.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:11 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi nrodri ,

Thanks for your reply .

In my configuration the "delete messages after the messages are processed" option has been selected for the forward mailbox .

But only the CRM mail is getting processed and deleted automatically , the non CRM related mail however is getting transferred to the undeliverable folder of the forward mailbox .

Any ideas on why this can be happening ?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:52 AM
  • Hello Akhil,

Were you able to resolve this issue? We too are experiencing this issue.

Thank you,

- Michael

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:01 PM