Faking the displayed amount of received and sent data in Internet Connection Status! RRS feed

• Question

• OS - Windows XP SP2

QUERY - We know that any Network Connection's status clearly shows the amount of data received or sent. One can see that by going to Control Panel -> Network Connections. I want that either data is not displayed there or it shows the incorrect data (e.g. instead of KB, it shows in MB), or shows the desired amount. Please tell me even if any registry-mechanics is needed to be applied.
    • Moved by Josh Barnard Thursday, March 26, 2009 12:43 AM (Moved from Windows HPC Server Developers - General to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Saturday, May 17, 2008 6:37 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

This forum is actually about Windows High Performance Computing, including the Microsoft Compute Cluster Server and Microsoft HPC Server family of products.

You should try one of the Windows XP / Networking forums for your question. I doubt there is any built-in functionality to show incorrect data in those dialogs though, as that would not be a scenario that most people would want.

Monday, May 19, 2008 7:07 PM
  • This was moved out of the HPC forum.

You can ask this question at www.answers.microsoft.com or in another forum.

Or I can move this to a specific forum if you'd like.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Friday, January 6, 2012 3:17 PM