none
Norton 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded norton 2007 trial from it's website. i later updated the definitions and it asked me restart, i did so and then when it tried to start, it gave a message that it cannot
    start. so i decided to uninstall it..while installing there some error, and it became non-responsive and i ended i through task manager. the norton shortcuts had disppeared from the start menu, but it was detected in tuneuputilities uninstall, again i tried to uninstall
    but again it became non responsive. now how do i completely uninstall this stupid program? I am using zonelarm pro also.. it gives me regular messsages that liveupdate engine is trying to acess the internet
    Monday, March 19, 2007 3:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• se CCleaner to uninstall obsolete software, delete invalid registry keys,
    maintain startup programs, etc. www.ccleaner.com/download/
    Monday, March 19, 2007 7:40 AM
  • norton is really a bad anti-virus. try to repair the registry.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 11:45 AM
  • Try doing this... delete the norton folder from the program files... now go to tuneup utilities and see there is a startup manager utility... use it to delete the start up entry for the norton devices.. i don remmeber the name of the norton utilites completely but you will know them when you see the name... moreover if you dont have tune up utilities than go to run-> msconfig. Here go to startup tab and delete or uncheck the startup entry... this should resolve the prob...
    Monday, March 19, 2007 1:56 PM
  • don go for any third party uninstaller...try Symantec Norton Removal tool...it wud help u ...
    Monday, March 19, 2007 5:06 PM