Could my phone act like a Zune? RRS feed

• Question

• So why couldn't my WinMo phone connect up and sync with my Zune music? This should be seemless. Seems rather obvious to me.
    Monday, September 28, 2009 8:21 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the suggestion. My colleague and I were just working side by side with his Zune and my Windows Mobile phone and we all appreciate your thoughtful idea. I'm marking this as answered just for internal tracking purposes. Feel free to continue to view and post as this thread stays open for additional activity and comments.
    Thank you from the Microsoft Windows Mobile Team
    http://www.WindowsMobile.com/TotalAccess
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:24 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:24 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the suggestion. My colleague and I were just working side by side with his Zune and my Windows Mobile phone and we all appreciate your thoughtful idea. I'm marking this as answered just for internal tracking purposes. Feel free to continue to view and post as this thread stays open for additional activity and comments.
    Thank you from the Microsoft Windows Mobile Team
    http://www.WindowsMobile.com/TotalAccess
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:24 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:24 PM
  • Taking this idea one step further:  Why not port the windows mobile OS to the zune?  Then, make the zune software an app that runs under windows mobile... and last, make it the replacement media player for window mobile.

Think about this for a second: by standardizing to one OS, you can make every zune run winmo apps, and every winmo phone act as a zune!  Also, by using the winmo OS on the zune, you automatically get cool things like bluetooth, camera, and gps support... so future zune models could, for instance, support bluetooth wireless headsets, gps "geotagging" of pictures/vids, etc... (this, of course, also applies to future winmo phones)

Another obvious benefit from standardizing the OS: iphone/ipod touch killer... it doesn't take long to realize how quickly a winmo powered zune would eat the lunch of an ipod touch, or how a zune-powered winmo phone would decimate an iphone

I have posted similar ideas on the zune community forum, hopefully someone is listening?

(Oh, and just as a side note: a winmo-powered home automation panel, which integrates nicely with windows media center, would be a very nice thing indeed! :)
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 4:08 AM
  • I'm fairly certain that the underlying technology between the 2 is already the same thing. Just different frontends, with likely the Zune being locked of from hard and core system access even more then Windows Mobile.

r/jan
    Friday, October 9, 2009 3:34 PM
  • I just made a separate suggestion that a Zune application be made that supports Zune Marketplace/Zune Pass.  It seems as though this is part of the iPhone appeal: people buy media from one store and use it on computer, iPhone/Touch, AppleTV (ok, not so much)...you get the idea.

With bigger storage cards now available, I could replicate my Zune30 experience on my WinPhone and carry just one device.  Downloading over 3G not required! :)

AT&T Tilt
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:36 PM