Create new view for Address entity RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a new view for the Address entity but the 'New' option is not available. The entire Action bar is missing. This is only true for the Address entity; the option to create new views is available for all others.

Is this by design or is there something wrong?

Friday, February 14, 2014 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hello, what I would do is create a personal view for addresses and then share it with whoever you want to view it. Probably the easiest way of doing this is through the advanced find functionality. You can create a custom view there and then share it. Hope this helps.

Friday, February 14, 2014 9:34 PM
  • It does, thank you, only now I cannot figure out how to pull the information I need. I am looking for the address of an accounts parent account. There does not seem to be a way to add parent account address fields as a column. Plenty of Parent Account fields but the address fields listed pull the same data as the child account.

Friday, February 14, 2014 10:07 PM
  • I'm not sure you can do what you are trying to do. When you are selecting the columns to add to the view "Parent Account" is referring to the parent account of the address record, not the parent account of the account. I'm not sure I know of a way to achieve what you want to do, perhaps someone else knows something I don't. But I do know a lot of people choose to create their own custom entity to handle addresses to achieve the greater functionality they are looking for. I think if you did something like that then you would be able to do what you are trying to do.
    Friday, February 14, 2014 10:24 PM
  • Thank you very much for the help.
    Monday, February 17, 2014 4:04 PM