i can't activate windows with my product key even i have genuine RRS feed

• Question

• hello.

I have a problem activating my windows xp pro with sp3. i have a genuine oem copy but when i tried to activate it, they said my product key has entered more than 25 times and i can't log on now on my computer except safemode, i think. i don't know what to do, i just hope someone could help me soon.

i can't even try to reformat because i don't know if it will do any changes... i just install my OS almost 2 months ago.

please help me.

P.S. i just wonder if adding hardware will affect you OEM OS
    Friday, March 13, 2009 11:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Good Morning Elaine,

Thank you for posting in the WGA Forums. Is your computer from a major manufacturer or was it built by a local business? Please tell me exactly what type of hardware changes you have made since you have owned your computer. 

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Friday, March 13, 2009 5:46 PM
  • Actually, I just ask my parents to bought me this software. this is an OEM XP Pro w/ SP3
    And my computer, it is assembled here in the philippines separated by the software. I recently installed a software that allows you to mount an iso file without burning it to cd. i don't know if that will affect my computer.
    Right now, i reformated my computer and this will allow me only 30 days to use it. then it will be back again to logging off when i didn't activete. i haven't tried to call a customer service. but i want this fix because it's a waste to buy this then i can't activate. :(

Saturday, March 14, 2009 1:15 AM
  •  Moring Elaine,

Please read the following sticky post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/c2be4a37-9ac3-4674-9b30-08fdc9b99dd8. Follow the steps within this post and provide us your MGA Diagnostic results back in this thread.  This will allow us to see what you are experiencing so we may provide you with further assistance.

Thank you Elaine,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Monday, March 16, 2009 4:44 PM
  • I think my copy of windows is already activated now. i have made some alternatives over the email and contact some customer services and they told me to call a number. i was able to activate it, i just give the product id on my screen and then they give an equivalent product key... my question now is
    >how can i prevent it from happening again?
    >does installing new hardware affects the OS? what kinds of hardware?
    >does installing software that acts as a hardware affects OS, too, such as MagicISO that acts as DVD-ROM used to mount ISO files?
    >and if one time i will need to re-activate it again and i have this problem again that my product key is entered too many times, can i use the same ID they give so i will not call again and pay a bill? or i will have to call them again?

sorry if that will sound annoying, i just want to make sure because i don't want to make it happen again at the very crucial time. thank you.

Elaine
    Monday, March 16, 2009 11:50 PM
  • Hello Elaine,

Product activation falls outside the support scope for Windows Genuine Advantage. I suggest posting your question to the “
    Discussions in Windows XP General” or the “Discussions in Windows XP Newsgroups” here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US

"Type in Product Activation on the search line under Windows XP General category"

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx

If you should have other non-WGA questions please visit our communities/articles/support webpage for helpful information: 

http://www.microsoft.com/atwork/support.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/mpa.aspx

Thank you for visiting the WGA program forum.

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:28 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:27 AM
  • oh, sorry, just thought it is still answered here. anyway, thank you, as well as for providing the link.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:57 AM
  • No problem Elaine you are very welcome.  Take care and thank you for visiting the WGA Forums :-).

Stephen
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:28 PM