Unattended installation of offline-enabled CRM 3.0 client for Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am having a lot of troubles performing an unattended installation of the Microsoft CRM laptop client for Microsoft Office Outlook (offline-enabled).
    I have searched through all deployment forums, without result.
    Is there any whitepapers on this subject or do you guys have any information regarding this subject.

I have 160 laptop clients that i need to deploy this application to :-(

I have read the "Microsoft_CRM_3.0.5_Implementaton_guide" but it only describes how to perform an unattended installation of the online client by creating an XML config file.

I hope some of you can help me on this issue

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:33 PM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply, Imran

I have managed to get the installation working, One of the things that was causing problems, was that the install parameters in in the deployment guide was wrong...

Also i had a lot of problems installing because the client must be installed with the user that is supposed to use the client, and not with an administrative client. this gave me a lot of headaces sinse my users do not have administrative rights. (i am not using Acitve Directory to distribute, but SMS).

But anyways i got it working.

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:08 AM

All replies

• Dear Henrik,

I had configured successfuly with offline laptop client - MS CRM 3.0 . let me know whats problem you are facing..

Can you write down your all problems and email me, I will give yo sure sort out options for that.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:08 AM
  • Thank you for your reply, Imran

I have managed to get the installation working, One of the things that was causing problems, was that the install parameters in in the deployment guide was wrong...

Also i had a lot of problems installing because the client must be installed with the user that is supposed to use the client, and not with an administrative client. this gave me a lot of headaces sinse my users do not have administrative rights. (i am not using Acitve Directory to distribute, but SMS).

But anyways i got it working.

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:08 AM
  •  

Really nice to see this that you got working.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

How did you managed to install the Microsoft CRM laptop client for Microsoft Office Outlook (offline-enabled)? I got error when I try to install this application. What happen is that only the pre-requisite was installed and not the main application. I used this syntax msiexec /i Client.msi CONFIG=default_client_config.xml /l*v c:\install.log /q for my silent install. Here's the error I encountered

MSI (s) (20:74) [09:54:16:612]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error 

MSI (s) (20:74) [09:54:16:612]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1708 

MSI (s) (20:74) [09:54:16:612]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error 

MSI (s) (20:74) [09:54:16:612]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1709 

MSI (s) (20:74) [09:54:16:612]: Product: Microsoft CRM laptop client for Microsoft Office Outlook -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (20:74) [09:54:16:612]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft CRM laptop client for Microsoft Office Outlook. Product Version: 3.0.5300.0. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1602.

The user that I am using is a member of local admin, has outlook account setup and also a valid CRM user.

Thanks

Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:28 PM