InValidation Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have a older Compaq that has been running Windows Vista Home Premium that I bought at Best Buy. My computer started messing up, freezing, skipping, and at times wouldn't let me open any tabs. It also won't let me into safe mode. I deceided to go ahead and wipe the drive and reinstall my Windows Vista Home Premium I bought but it won't let me. After the error comes up that says it's an invalid code it doesn't give me any other options! Is there a maximum limit on how many times I can use my Vista cd because I have 3 computers, my Dell Dimension 8400 and my Acer Laptop but only the Compaq and Dell desk tops are running my Vista cd I bought. I have had to reinstall it on both computers a few times, mainly because I'm not that computer savy. I try and can figure out alot on how to fix them but as you can see NOT always!I have PC Cillin by Trend Micro that I bought and I also have  Fix It Utilities 9 Professionalby Avanquest and I pay to upgrade everything. I just bought $1,600.00 worth of hardware for both the Compaq and Dell. I got Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS for sound I bought 2 new Video cards for both, NVIDIA v6.7. I also got 3 LG DVD Writers 2 internal and the biggest memory external I could find!I game alot and don't want them installed on my computer. I bought a 2gig memory stick for the Dell but the Compaq is up in age to were I have to go to the old computer parts store for that! I try and take good care of my computers and I do it legitly and now Windows has to make it way harder than it needs to be just to reinstall my OS! Please any help or advice will be greatly apprecieated!  
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 4:42 PM

Answers

• "barbara50505" wrote in message news:e89ef082-d3db-437b-9c70-571a93f211b9...
    I have a older Compaq that has been running Windows Vista Home Premium that I bought at Best Buy. My computer started messing up, freezing, skipping, and at times wouldn't let me open any tabs. It also won't let me into safe mode. I deceided to go ahead and wipe the drive and reinstall my Windows Vista Home Premium I bought but it won't let me. After the error comes up that says it's an invalid code it doesn't give me any other options! Is there a maximum limit on how many times I can use my Vista cd because I have 3 computers, my Dell Dimension 8400 and my Acer Laptop but only the Compaq and Dell desk tops are running my Vista cd I bought. I have had to reinstall it on both computers a few times, mainly because I'm not that computer savy. I try and can figure out alot on how to fix them but as you can see NOT always!I have PC Cillin by Trend Micro that I bought and I also have  Fix It Utilities 9 Professionalby Avanquest and I pay to upgrade everything. I just bought $1,600.00 worth of hardware for both the Compaq and Dell. I got Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS for sound I bought 2 new Video cards for both, NVIDIA v6.7. I also got 3 LG DVD Writers 2 internal and the biggest memory external I could find!I game alot and don't want them installed on my computer. I bought a 2gig memory stick for the Dell but the Compaq is up in age to were I have to go to the old computer parts store for that! I try and take good care of my computers and I do it legitly and now Windows has to make it way harder than it needs to be just to reinstall my OS! Please any help or advice will be greatly apprecieated!  

One License - One Computer!

It's not clear from what you have said as to whether you are using one Vista package to do multiple installs with the same key, or what. I suspect that you may be - which would be in direct breach of the license terms you agree to with every install.
    Please post an MGADiag report for the affected machine with your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 8:14 PM

All replies

• "barbara50505" wrote in message news:e89ef082-d3db-437b-9c70-571a93f211b9...
    I have a older Compaq that has been running Windows Vista Home Premium that I bought at Best Buy. My computer started messing up, freezing, skipping, and at times wouldn't let me open any tabs. It also won't let me into safe mode. I deceided to go ahead and wipe the drive and reinstall my Windows Vista Home Premium I bought but it won't let me. After the error comes up that says it's an invalid code it doesn't give me any other options! Is there a maximum limit on how many times I can use my Vista cd because I have 3 computers, my Dell Dimension 8400 and my Acer Laptop but only the Compaq and Dell desk tops are running my Vista cd I bought. I have had to reinstall it on both computers a few times, mainly because I'm not that computer savy. I try and can figure out alot on how to fix them but as you can see NOT always!I have PC Cillin by Trend Micro that I bought and I also have  Fix It Utilities 9 Professionalby Avanquest and I pay to upgrade everything. I just bought $1,600.00 worth of hardware for both the Compaq and Dell. I got Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS for sound I bought 2 new Video cards for both, NVIDIA v6.7. I also got 3 LG DVD Writers 2 internal and the biggest memory external I could find!I game alot and don't want them installed on my computer. I bought a 2gig memory stick for the Dell but the Compaq is up in age to were I have to go to the old computer parts store for that! I try and take good care of my computers and I do it legitly and now Windows has to make it way harder than it needs to be just to reinstall my OS! Please any help or advice will be greatly apprecieated!  

One License - One Computer!

It's not clear from what you have said as to whether you are using one Vista package to do multiple installs with the same key, or what. I suspect that you may be - which would be in direct breach of the license terms you agree to with every install.
    Please post an MGADiag report for the affected machine with your response.

--

Saturday, June 5, 2010 8:14 PM
  • I only use Vista on my laptop, but as different systems in Virtual box, under different Linux distributions.  I understand that I can only run one version of the software, but how can I get one of them back, and discard the other?  Is that necessary? I'm not trying to upgrade to W7 or anything, I just can't get either Vista to be accepted. 

I should add that I wasn't trying to breach the terms of the agreement.  The first time I loaded it in VBox under Fedora, I eventually corrupted that bootloader, so rather than try to fix it, I just went with Ubuntu, and another Vbox.  This all seemed to be fine.  Eventually I got the Fedora fixed, and now neither one works.

Please advise, thanks.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 12:11 AM
  • I only use Vista on my laptop, but as different systems in Virtual box, under different Linux distributions.  I understand that I can only run one version of the software, but how can I get one of them back, and discard the other?  Is that necessary? I'm not trying to upgrade to W7 or anything, I just can't get either Vista to be accepted. 

I should add that I wasn't trying to breach the terms of the agreement.  The first time I loaded it in VBox under Fedora, I eventually corrupted that bootloader, so rather than try to fix it, I just went with Ubuntu, and another Vbox.  This all seemed to be fine.  Eventually I got the Fedora fixed, and now neither one works.

Please advise, thanks.

You're running Vista in a Virtual machine, and are unable to Activate it?
    Please repost in a NEW thread - including a MGADiag report from following the links here - http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ProgramInfo.aspx

This will tell us, hopefully, the reasons you're unable to activate, so that we can advise, - if you continue in this thread, everything will get confused - and everybody!

Thanks

--

Sunday, June 6, 2010 9:05 AM
  • No reply from original poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:40 PM