none
Cannot Browse the forum on IE8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using IE8 Beta on an XP machine. I am getting the below script error whenever I am trying to browse through the different forums. I am not able to see any threads listed in  the forums.

Webpage Script Errors

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; InfoPath.2)
    Timestamp: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 06:00:52 UTC

Message: 'Microsoft.Com.Forums.FixedEditor.OnClientCommandExecuted' is null or not an object
    Line: 621
    Char: 5
    Code: 0
    URI:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/threads/

Currently raising the issue in from a machien with IE6.0 as I was not able to do this also from IE8 beta version

Thanks and Regards,
    Navin Narayan

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 6:09 AM

Answers

• I cleared my Temp Internet Files and Cookies and now its working...
    Not exactly sure what is the issue.

Regards,
    Navin Narayan
    • Marked as answer by Navin Narayan Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:41 AM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:53 AM

All replies

• Navin,

Hi my name’s Feran and I’m working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team to provide assistance and help answer questions people might have about Internet Explorer.

You said you are using the IE beta. If this is the case you may want to try upgrading to the RC1 version which was released late January. This is a release candidate that is a closer version of what the final IE will be like so it may help solve the issue you’re having. You can get it via Windows Update or here -  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/download-ie.aspx?ocid=ie8_sm_a

I hope this helps,

Feran
    Internet Explorer Outreach Team

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:34 PM
  • I am still facing the issue...

Regards,
    Navin Narayan
    Friday, March 6, 2009 3:51 AM
  • FWIW, I was able to view the page without error on both IE7 (on Win2K8) and IE8 (on Win7).

Could you try pressig CTRL-F5 while on the page to do a complete cache refresh, and see if that helps?

Thanks
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, March 6, 2009 6:36 PM
  • I cleared my Temp Internet Files and Cookies and now its working...
    Not exactly sure what is the issue.

Regards,
    Navin Narayan
    • Marked as answer by Navin Narayan Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:41 AM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:53 AM
  • Im having trouble reply'ing and not able to login to the forum.. i use Win7 RC - IE8
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:17 AM
  • Dennis,

Do you get an error message? Does the page render correctly? What happens if you login to Forums (same as reply)?
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:15 PM