Windows Genuine Advantage...Wrong!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• In order to avoid any trouble an attempt was made to use Windows Genuine Advantage to buy a valid product key online. The sun of $159.43 was paid via debit card to for Windows 7 Professional online.. A link to the product key was sent and I repeatedly clicked on it. clicked on it. Nothing happened. I called tech support at a number beginning with "855". They wanted to charge me for activating a product key that I have already purchased?!?!?!? Supposedly an install DVD is in the mail to my home address, but meanwhile my computer monitor still has that blue label in the lower left hand corner stating that my copy of Windows is "invalid". Will the Windows 7 Professional DVD be shipped? Can this matter be resolved without having to shell out more money for a product already purchased in good faith?

Friday, April 15, 2011 7:02 AM

Answers

• "Randy Rhodes" wrote in message news:e8a7cf18-47af-4e43-aad6-02e1260c0597...

In order to avoid any trouble an attempt was made to use Windows Genuine Advantage to buy a valid product key online. The sun of $159.43 was paid via debit card to for Windows 7 Professional online.. A link to the product key was sent and I repeatedly clicked on it. clicked on it. Nothing happened. I called tech support at a number beginning with "855". They wanted to charge me for activating a product key that I have already purchased?!?!?!? Supposedly an install DVD is in the mail to my home address, but meanwhile my computer monitor still has that blue label in the lower left hand corner stating that my copy of Windows is "invalid". Will the Windows 7 Professional DVD be shipped? Can this matter be resolved without having to shell out more money for a product already purchased in good faith?

The MS non-genuine notification is always in the bottom right corner, and appears (in white, and almost always) only when the whole background is black.
    Your initial issue sounds more like a malware result.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, April 15, 2011 7:08 AM

All replies

• "Randy Rhodes" wrote in message news:e8a7cf18-47af-4e43-aad6-02e1260c0597...

In order to avoid any trouble an attempt was made to use Windows Genuine Advantage to buy a valid product key online. The sun of $159.43 was paid via debit card to for Windows 7 Professional online.. A link to the product key was sent and I repeatedly clicked on it. clicked on it. Nothing happened. I called tech support at a number beginning with "855". They wanted to charge me for activating a product key that I have already purchased?!?!?!? Supposedly an install DVD is in the mail to my home address, but meanwhile my computer monitor still has that blue label in the lower left hand corner stating that my copy of Windows is "invalid". Will the Windows 7 Professional DVD be shipped? Can this matter be resolved without having to shell out more money for a product already purchased in good faith?

The MS non-genuine notification is always in the bottom right corner, and appears (in white, and almost always) only when the whole background is black.
    Your initial issue sounds more like a malware result.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, April 15, 2011 7:08 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:17 PM