none
MS Money Plus keeps crashing a few seconds after opening since updating to Windows 10 says program must close due to an error RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Microsoft Money Plus Sunset for many years, and never a problem, I updated to Windows 10 and now when I open money, I put in my password and the program opens then I immediately get a window that says "Microsoft Money has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will now close the program, please help. I love my money program, and can't live without it.
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 1:20 AM

Answers

• Yes, there were some detailed instructions in a post awhile ago, but I can't find them now either.  I suggest that you look at the instructions in:

https://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/windows-8-64-bit-version-compatibility-with-sunset-money/

which describes the steps.

To get to the "Radio Buttons" that Ameridan refers to, do the following in Windows 10:

- Open File Explorer (a search on "File" will bring it up)

- Select the "View" tab

- At the far left top, click on "Options" and "Change Folders and Search Options"

- In the pop-up window, select the "View" tab

This will give you a list of options and you can make the changes that Ameridan lists.

Once you have made the replacement, you may want to go back and reverse the "View" changes.

Let us know if this helps.

Bill Becker

• Marked as answer by WCotton97 Saturday, October 24, 2015 8:20 PM
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 4:02 PM

All replies

• First, run Windows Update to make sure that you have the latest updates from Microsoft for Windows 10.  Then replace your mnyob99,dll file with a patched version as described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Let us know if this works for you.

Bill Becker

• Unmarked as answer by WCotton97 Saturday, October 24, 2015 8:25 PM
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 4:08 AM
  • How do I do this, I read thru a lot of the forums and I am just not sure how to replace the mnyob99.dll file. Can you give me step by step instructions, I don't want to mess anything up.
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 3:33 PM
  • Yes, there were some detailed instructions in a post awhile ago, but I can't find them now either.  I suggest that you look at the instructions in:

https://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/windows-8-64-bit-version-compatibility-with-sunset-money/

which describes the steps.

To get to the "Radio Buttons" that Ameridan refers to, do the following in Windows 10:

- Open File Explorer (a search on "File" will bring it up)

- Select the "View" tab

- At the far left top, click on "Options" and "Change Folders and Search Options"

- In the pop-up window, select the "View" tab

This will give you a list of options and you can make the changes that Ameridan lists.

Once you have made the replacement, you may want to go back and reverse the "View" changes.

Let us know if this helps.

Bill Becker

Saturday, October 24, 2015 4:02 PM
  • I did it and everything is working great, I took my time and followed the instructions given both here and in the link, it was relatively easy,  thank you so much.  Now to carry on with paying bills.......
    • Edited by WCotton97 Saturday, October 24, 2015 8:31 PM
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 8:20 PM
  • It is fixed now, guess they put a fix through when they did that last major update. My Sunset and Plus are working fine and accepting downloads.
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 8:01 PM