none
SyncToy 2.0 and 2.1 on Win XP or Win 7: Error: Cannot write to the destination file RRS feed

• Question

• UPDATE as of 2009/12/03 > PROBLEMS SOLVED:

XP: After changing a connection option within WebDrive the Sync on the XP machine works.

Windows 7: After several reboots sync on Windows 7 does work as well. As I have not changed anything this seems a bit strange ... anyway - I am happy!

------------------------------

My left folder is a local folder ("D:\SP-Mirror") on a Windows 7 or a XP machine (I tried both OS versions several times). My right folder is a SharePoint-Server which is mapped to a local drive letter ("S:\"). On the XP machine I use WebDrive to map the SharePoint network resource to a drive letter.

When I create a new file in my local folder (e.g. a text file with a few bytes of text) I get the following error message when running SyncToy synchronization:

Windows 7:
    SYNC: 11/15/2009 21:56:20:865: *** Error: Cannot write to the destination file. ... device does not work. (HRESULT: 0x8007001F) Copying D:\SP-Mirror\PrimaTina\Docs\NewTextfile_local.txt to S:\PrimaTina\Docs\NewTextfile_local.txt

XP:
    SYNC: 11/26/2009 12:43:59:937: *** Error: Cannot write to the destination file. Access denied (HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Copying D:\SP-Mirror\Forms\Document\NewTextfile_local.txt to S:\PPTemplates\Forms\Document\NewTextfile_local.txt

If I copy the text file manually from the local folder to the SharePoint folder everything works fine.
    If I add a file to the SharePoint folder synchronization to the local folder works as well.

This is an error I experienced already a few months ago.
    My hope was synchronization would work now with the new SyncToy version 2.1.
    But the error still occurs - also in version 2.1.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,
    Ingo
    • Edited by i_bock Thursday, December 3, 2009 5:46 PM
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 9:09 PM

Answers

• HI,

I don't think Synctoy can support a driver mapping that made of third-part software(such as WebDriver), could you pls map the SharePont by using widnows - "map network drive" and try again?

thanks
    Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 6:32 AM

All replies

• HI,

I don't think Synctoy can support a driver mapping that made of third-part software(such as WebDriver), could you pls map the SharePont by using widnows - "map network drive" and try again?

thanks
    Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 6:32 AM
  • Hi Joey,

Thanks for your reply!

On my Windows 7 machine I do mount the SharePoint folder directly (with "map network drive"). So I do not use WebDrive on Windows 7.

Thanks for your help,
    Ingo

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:00 PM
  • Hi Joey,

Thanks for your reply!

On my Windows 7 machine I do mount the SharePoint folder directly (with "map network drive"). So I do not use WebDrive on Windows 7.

Thanks for your help,
    Ingo

You are welcome. :)
    Joey Liang
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:04 AM