none
Need another "Insert Code Block" icon RRS feed

• Question

• Nobody is using the Insert Code Block button.  I haven't seen a single thread since the upgrade where the OP used it.  I'm not kidding.  After trying to read many horribly mangled IE posted snippets, I've prompting OPs to repost, this time to "click the button on the far right".  They still don't get it.

Guys, </> does not mean code.  It means markup.  HTML.  Just like the label right in front of the button indicates.  Lots of room, make a BIG bitmap, draw a rectangle around it so it looks clickable instead of a label and put "Insert Code" inside of it.  Worked on 2.x

Hans Passant.
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Couldn't agree more! Please make it more obvious, also either its unrecognizable like the insert code button or its really gone the way of the dodo has anyone seen where the spell checker went?

Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:57 AM
  • Couldn't agree more! Please make it more obvious, also either its unrecognizable like the insert code button or its really gone the way of the dodo has anyone seen where the spell checker went?

Use FireFox!

Even better, use SeaMonkey (Mozilla Suite) and automatically use your same personalized dictionary on web, email and newsgroups).

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:52 AM
  • If you can find a way to force all users to use that it'll be a great solution, but since thats unlikely to happen and there's a ton of non native english speakers around here a spell check feature on the forums is would still be one of those things that make it just a tad nicer. but lets not hijack this thread and lets tell 'm again on how much we need the code button to be more obvious :)
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:28 PM
  • I'm not against a spell-checker, I just won't use it, because the Mozilla solution already works perfectly for me.

I do think that fixing the code editor is much more important,
    David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:37 PM
  • Would it be possible to get just the icon changed before the next official forums drop (which seem to be anywhere from 1-3 months usually) ? cause nobugz is right *nobody* using codeblocks anymore reading code has become a pain in the *ss
    Monday, April 13, 2009 6:45 PM
  • It's been updated. For better or worse. =^)

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:07 AM