LIVE ONE CARE COMPUTER COUNT RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Live One Care (LOC) on two computers so far.  However, the second computer has some many problems (separate issue) that I think we will have to wipe the drive clean and re-install everything.  When I re-install LOC on this same computer, will this be the third time?  Or will the software somehow recognize the hardware configuration of the computer and know it is a re-install and only count twice (i.e., second count of what LOC allows)?

The reason I am askling is because I have a third computer I'm planning to install LOC on (should be delivered later this week) so I'll need the allowed third install.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks, Bob 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:36 PM

Answers

• A reinstall does not count against your count of licenses, so it would be a "do over" of license number 2.

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:08 AM

All replies

• A reinstall does not count against your count of licenses, so it would be a "do over" of license number 2.

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:08 AM
  • Stephen,

Thanks for the response.  However, how does LOC know this is a "do over"?  Bob

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:43 PM
  • It really doesn't care that it is a do-over. :-)

The only place you might notice this is if you have multiple PC on the subscription and make one a Hub in a Circle. Your inactive PC will be listed and you can remove it, but that is optional.

Basically, you can install as many times as you wish (within reason) and it will work. Exceeding 3 active installations on the same subscription is against the terms of the license agreement and *may* cause a problem in the future, but not now.

-steve

Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:52 AM
  • Thanks!  I really appreciate the info.  Bob

Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:07 AM