Is it a must to do MCSA before doing MCSE??? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm planning to do MCSE server infrastructure but I heard that I need to do MCSA first in order to do MSCE...So is MCSA a must thing to do ??? I've done ICT System Support-Level 3 (City & Guilds Level 3 qualification) in server 2003 & windows xp( I've good knowledge about windows 7)....Does that help in doing MCSE??? I also found out that there are 5 exams for MCSE & the first 3 exams are for MCSA certification....What does that mean??? I mean if someone have to do MCSE exam in order to get the MCSE certificate then why they've to do those 3 MCSA exams as well??? I really need help & I'm stuck now becoz someone told me that MCSA is required in order to do MCSE.......Plzzzzzzz help!!!!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:26 AM

Answers

• ''if someone is doing MCSE then do they still need to do those 3 MCSA exams 70-410,411,412 if they already did MCSA & got the MCSA certificate???''

I never stated that I already had the MCSA certification.....I said someone....If I had MCSA certification then why should I post this question ''Is it a must to do MCSA before doing MCSE???'' Anyway thnxxx for ur help...

• Marked as answer by Chris179 Saturday, November 8, 2014 11:43 AM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 10:07 AM
  • As stated previously, you/someone MUST do the MCSA exams to obtain your/their MCSE certification

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCSA, MCSE: BI
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Sunday, November 9, 2014 11:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chris179 Sunday, November 9, 2014 10:17 PM
    Sunday, November 9, 2014 11:16 AM

All replies

• You need MCSA to obtain your MCSE certification therefore you will need to pass 5 exams.

With regards to whether ICT System Support-Level 3 will help you, yes it will as it gives you some knowledge/experience with Windows Server technology however the MCSE is based on 2012 so you will still need to study the differences between 2003 and 2012.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:35 AM
  •  Plzzz answer this question for me, if someone is doing MCSE then do they still need to do those 3 MCSA exams 70-410,411,412 if they already did MCSA & got the MCSA certificate??? I saw 5 MCSE exams(70-410,411,412,413,414) in ur website...

''I also found out that there are 5 exams for MCSE & the first 3 exams are for MCSA certification....What does that mean??? I mean if someone have to do MCSE exam in order to get the MCSE certificate then why they've to do those 3 MCSA exams as well??? I really need help & I'm stuck now becoz someone told me that MCSA is required in order to do MCSE.......Plzzzzzzz help!!!!''

I even mention this before but u didn't answer it.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:19 AM
  • You never stated you already had the MCSA certification. 

If you've already got your MCSA then all you need to do are exams 413 and 414.

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:18 PM
  • ''if someone is doing MCSE then do they still need to do those 3 MCSA exams 70-410,411,412 if they already did MCSA & got the MCSA certificate???''

I never stated that I already had the MCSA certification.....I said someone....If I had MCSA certification then why should I post this question ''Is it a must to do MCSA before doing MCSE???'' Anyway thnxxx for ur help...

• Marked as answer by Chris179 Saturday, November 8, 2014 11:43 AM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 10:07 AM
  • As stated previously, you/someone MUST do the MCSA exams to obtain your/their MCSE certification

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Sunday, November 9, 2014 11:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chris179 Sunday, November 9, 2014 10:17 PM
    Sunday, November 9, 2014 11:16 AM