homeserver domain - stopped updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I noticed that my xxx.homeserver.com domain has stopped updating.
    Or at least 

Not sure for how long because sometimes my ISP keeps the IP and others it changes on a daily basis.
    But I would say at least a couple of days.

In the Dashboard under the Domain Name Set up button I'm shown the following error:
    "An error occurred while setting up your domain name.
    The domain name was not set up for your server. Wait a few minutes and run the wizard again.
    An unexpected or unknown error occurred. Please wait a few minutes, and then try again."

What do you advice me to try ??

Funny enough, at the end of writing this I did check if the IP did propagate to any DNS and most of the big ones it did not, but it did in Mexico and Singapore.
    Could this be an error with homeserver DNS not propagating correctly ?

Friday, July 24, 2020 8:35 AM

Answers

• In the meantime it solved itself. 

It seems that the problem didn't happen in my home server, but in the Microsoft DNS propagation itself.

I could correctly update my IP, but only a few DNS servers would correctly resolve homeserver.com domains.
    After a few days all the major DNS providers were able to resolve.

Does anyone know which internal Windows application updates the WHS Live domain with my current IP ?

• Marked as answer by _viri_TT_ Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:58 PM
    • Edited by _viri_TT_ Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:57 PM

All replies

• Verified the Time Zone Settings

Try using a DHCP address. You always create a reservation within the DHCP configuration, also flush the DNS.

Check this similar case for some ideas.

Cannot set up a Microsoft domain name, errors out every time

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64ed4bd7-e73d-40d4-b47e-9b28adbe0c1c/cannot-set-up-a-microsoft-domain-name-errors-out-every-time?forum=whsvailbeta

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 27, 2020 6:20 AM
  • In the meantime it solved itself. 

It seems that the problem didn't happen in my home server, but in the Microsoft DNS propagation itself.

I could correctly update my IP, but only a few DNS servers would correctly resolve homeserver.com domains.
    After a few days all the major DNS providers were able to resolve.

Does anyone know which internal Windows application updates the WHS Live domain with my current IP ?

• Marked as answer by _viri_TT_ Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:58 PM
    • Edited by _viri_TT_ Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:57 PM