The Vista Hardware Replacement Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have all the proper paperwork including Key, OS CD, and Gateway OS Disc, I had to have Gateway replace a Hard Drive and a Motherboard some time ago. Upon the return of the unit, it began the "This copy of Windows is not genuine" statement in the bottom right hand corner on my screen, every 30 days. I've dealt with it since I've been able to hold off re-install up to 5 months one time, with a 2 to 3 month average. I'm sorry, I won't pay to resolve this issue, is there a free solution? Please e-mail me at elsinbruco@yahoo.com as I do not us hotmail often. And thank you for any assistance.
    • Edited by TheRake Sunday, December 13, 2009 2:56 AM Require no unknown re-install timeframe.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, December 13, 2009 5:22 AM Moved to relevant category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 2:50 AM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:23 PM
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 5:22 AM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:23 PM
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 5:22 AM
  • No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:23 PM