backup services generates a blue screen and dispalys "bad-spool-header" when i tried to use dvd to back up RRS feed

• Question

•  

I was able to burn dvd's with back up services in live one care before. Out of the blue, the service generated a blue screen of death and I hadto restart PC. It is still doing it. Call tech support for pc and was advciced to run updtyaes and firmware patches.I have downloded upgrades and firmware patches for dvd driver, but the problem persists.

I am able to back up using Roxio.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:09 AM

Answers

• Please continue working with support on this problem. Ask for the case to be escalated.

The Bad Pool Header can be caused by conflicting software, in this case the Roxio software, a driver, firmware or even drive properties, but the latter is unlikely since it worked for you in the past.

-steve

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:24 AM

All replies

• Please continue working with support on this problem. Ask for the case to be escalated.

The Bad Pool Header can be caused by conflicting software, in this case the Roxio software, a driver, firmware or even drive properties, but the latter is unlikely since it worked for you in the past.

-steve

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:24 AM
  •  

I saw once OneCare give a BSOD (blue screen) caused by "Acronis Home" software.  Supposedly Acronis creates these little partitions on your hard drive and modifies the MBR and causes OneCare backup to die.

Also, removing other third party burning applications is also recommended to troubleshoot the blue screen issue.  Also, contacting support is really the best bet because they will collect the support data zip files from your computer that have copies of the MiniDump files that are created when your computer hits the BSOD.

They can open those bad-boys and check out what software or driver is causing the crash.

I hope this helps.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:17 PM