off topic - sis163U.sys Blue Screen Error RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I've got a problem that a few people of had, where a corrupt sis163U.sys driver (address F3A6481A base at F3A61000 Datestamp 49ab05b9) causes my PC to go to a blue screen of death. Apparantly this driver is from my USB Wireless LAN Adapter, however, my pc will get taken to the blue screen as I try and log in, so I cannot reinstall the driver so easily. Can anyone please offer any suggestions as I REALLY need to save my PC, this is the third time it's happened, I cannot afford to lose all my data again.
    Thanks.
    Sunday, August 24, 2008 9:38 AM

All replies

• Boot into safe mode, open device manager and disable the device. Start Windows normally, open device manager and uninstall the driver. To find the correct driver search for it on your motherboard manufacturer's website.

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:34 AM
  •  

This happened to me yesterday, well to my daughter computer. I have not found the answer to the problem, only a work around. The problem was caused by my wireless adaptor (TEW-424UB). A usb wireless adaptor by trendnet. I simply unplugged my adaptor went into safe mode, device manger, and disabled the wireless adaptor. restarted the computer. and it works, just no internet.  Not a problem, my daughter only watches Taylor Swift videos. To start your computer in safe mode, turn the computer on, and hit "F8" until a windows boot menu appears.

Good Luck.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:34 AM